Parents/Careers Code Of Conduct
• Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
• Make every effort for your child to attend all training sessions, poor attendance will have a direct effect on performance. If a child needs to miss a session the coach should be informed at the earliest possible point.
• Demonstate appreciation of volunteers, coaches and officials. Without them, your child could not participate.
• Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than results.
• Ensure your child is prepared for gymnastics by dressing appropriately for the
activity with long hair tied back and all jewellery removed before entering the
• Respect coaches’ and other officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
• Criticism of other people’s children / coaches can be upsetting to all and is frowned upon by this club.
• Respect the rights of others and remain courteous at all times. The club will not tolerate aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any member, employee or volunteer.
• Encourage. Don’t criticise.
• Do not use social media to contact coaches regarding gymnastics matters.
• Approach the right member of staff to help resolve any issues or concern.
• Accept the judgement of coaches, club and competition officials.
• Coaches welcome face to face feedback from parents/careers but we request that you
refrain from interrupting training sessions and coming into the gym. Please request an appointment at the club reception or send an email to your child’s coach to discuss all matters.
• Teach their child that doing one’s best is more important than winning.
• Text their child’s coach except in cases of emergency or when informing them of an absence etc. Parents should use email or book an appointment to discuss a child’s progress, competition levels etc, texting is not an appropriate format for this kind of discussion
• If using social media and discussing their child’s gymnastics, do so in a sensible and positive manner which reflects well upon themselves, their child and the club.
Please be aware that breach of any of the clubs policies and code of conducts can result in termination of membership to Whitehall Gymnastics Club.